This Week’s Hints to help you along:
- A sight to behold — at least in the taxi trials.
- An unfulfilled contract with the US Army Air Corps.
- An all metal design, but fat — portending things to come.
- The roots of Consolidated.
- That cockpit reminds one of Doolittle’s Schneider Cup winner.
So do you know what this aircraft is?
2 thoughts on “A Packard-Powered Portly Plane”
This is an easy one!
It’s the Gallaudet PW-4; an early A.A.C. pursuit fighter prototype.
Nico — yes, you’ve got this one too!