This Week’s Hints to help you along:
- A single prototype of a highly innovative design.
- It crash-landed, killing the test pilot when it hit a tree.
- A fighter to be armed with 2x 20mm and 1x 30mm cannon.
- Generally underwhelming in performance.
- Four years before the famous Curtiss-Wright XP-55 Ascender.
So do you know what this aircraft is?
Post a REPLY below with your best guess!
Click here to check out the previous What’s That?
6 thoughts on “An Unexpected Canard”
This is the Ambrosini SS.4
SIA-Ambrossini SS 4 from Italy.
It’s a canard airplane, my first impression was being the Curtiss P-55 Ascender preserved in Kalamazoo, MI, but will check further.
Curtiss XP-55 Ascender.
As noted, the plane came four years before the Curtiss XP-55 Ascender.